ALL emergencies: CALL 911
for police, medical, fire.

Anchorage – quick links menu.

Big Wild Life


Code Complaints

Report municipal code violations  — or call 343-4141 – for Roads & Drainage, Health & Sanitation, Noise, Air Pollution, Fire, Water Pollution, Septic & Wells, Unsafe Buildings, Fences & Signs, Junk Vehicles, Land Use & Zoning, Garbage.

Crime and Safety – ALL emergencies: CALL 911 for first responders – police, medical, fire.

  • Non-Emergency Dispatch – 311. When the menu starts, press ‘1’ – for Police Dept. – or call 786-8900. When the menu starts, select ‘0’ (zero) to bypass the menu. This will take you to a Call-Taker or a Dispatcher within the APD Dispatch Center.
  • APD Records – 786-8600 – to report anything AFTER THE FACT, and/or to report such things as stolen property when there is no witness or suspect information.
  • APD website.
  • File a Police Report online. You can report Lost Property, Identity Theft, Fraud, Theft from Vehicle, Harassing Phone Calls and Vandalism.
  • Courtview – search any name in the Alaska state court system (except juvenile criminal or OCS cases.
  • Crime Maps and e-mail crime alerts.
  • CrimeStoppers – 561-7867 – to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward.
  • Neighborhood Crime Watch – 786-8585
  • Sex Offender Registry (find out about ALL persons required to register with the State of Alaska due to their conviction for Sexual Assault, Sex Abuse of a Minor or Kidnap).
  • Vandalism in parks –  Park Maintenance Hotline – 343-4554
  • Trail Watch


Emergency Watch Program – a neighborhood preparedness program

Employment and Training for Teenagers


Fix-it, please! (Be sure to include location of problem; cell phone photos with GPS help, too!)

  • Graffiti Busters or call Hotline: 343-GONE (343-4663) or FAX 343-8048
  • Parks & Trails maintenance
  • Potholes or call Hotline: 343-MEND (6363)
  • Streetlight outage or call Street Light Maintenance 343-4557
    Chugach Electric 762-7676
    Municipal Light & Power 263-5281
    Matanuska Electric 694-2161
    (If you don’t know which utility is responsible, call the Street Light Maintenance line and they will relay the repair request)
  • Vandalism


Gardening, Plants, Weeds, Yard Care


MyNeighborhood—Municipality of Anchorage

Website The My Neighborhood application provides citizens the ability to find information easily and conveniently about property, recreation, local services, plans, and important places within Anchorage-area neighborhoods.

Ombudsman—Municipality of Anchorage

Online complaint form


Pets—Lost, Found, Strayed, Wanted, Adoptable, etc.



  • Recreation access permits are required for entry to JBER-Fort Richardson lands and trails behind our subdivisions. Visit their iSportsman website for more information.
  • Trail Watch: Keeping Trails Safe for Family, Friends and Visitors. As a trail user, you have the opportunity to report litter, vandalism, safety hazards, suspicious activities, and crimes.


Recycling, Renewables, Refuse


Volunteer Opportunities

  • Eagle Scout Projects: To earn an Eagle Scout Badge, candidates must complete a project that is considered worthwhile and lasting and they must complete it before turning 18. These young men present and receive approval for ideas to the Boy Scout Council with some projects within our parks and trails.
  • Friends of Chugach Foothills Park. Volunteers are needed for the watering crew to water the flower barrels in the park. You can use the contact form to volunteer.
  • Volunteen—for youths 12–16 who want to give back to their community. The teens gain a broad range of work experience including gardening, painting, park maintenance and special projects. Registration begins in May.


Wildfire MitigationInformation on brush fires, burn permits, community fire planning, firewise landscaping, and more.

Zoning Enforcement—343-4141